Alumni News - March edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- First Cow, staring Orion Lee, will be premiering at Glasgow Film Festival between 5-8 March.
- Benedict Cumberbatch stars in The Courier, scheduled for release on 19 March. You can also see him in The Mauritanian on Amazon Prime from April 1.
- The second installment of Graeae Theatre Company’s series of plays starring Harriet Walter are now available to watch online until May.
- Catch Jemma Redgrave on Original Theatre Online in Rosa, streaming until end of July.
- Tinuke Craig is directing Aisha (the black album) at The Old Vic, streaming in March in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Tom Bateman stars in thriller series Behind her Eyes on Netflix.
- Actor (and doctor) Esh Alladi spoke to podcast Death and the Elephant. Download it here.
- Raphael Acloque stars in TV Series Little Birds, now available to watch on Sky Atlantic.
- Sky Yang’s short film Sunny, recently featured as part of BFI’s Future Film Fest.
- Short film Stand Still, exploring post-natal depression, has been co-written by Michelle Bonnard.
- Watch the new trailer for Disney’s Cruella, starring Emily Beecham.
- Antigone, directed by Polly Findlay, is available to view on the National Theatre's "National Theatre at Home" platform.
- Maria Colette Bukley is the stage manager of immersive play Plymouth Point, available to watch at Swamp Motel here.
- Hitting UK screens from the beginning of April, Jonathan Ajayi stars in The Drifters, a story about identity and place in a post-Brexit United Kingdom.
- Recently featured as part of the Vault Festival video club, Vespertilo was directed by Lucy Jane Atkinson and stars Benedict Salter with sound design by Annie May Fletcher.
Things to look forward to
- Comedian Janine Harouni has joined Buffering, a millennial coming-of-age comedy due to air on ITV2 later this year.
- Lizzie Powell has joined as lighting designer at The Da Vinci Code, due to start touring theatres from autumn 2021.
- David Oyelowo makes his feature directorial debut and stars in The Water Man, due for international launch later this year. He has also been cast in new psychological thriller series The Girl Before.
- Richard Armitage is currently filming a Netflix adaptation of Harlan Coben’s best-selling novel Stay Close.
- Iwan Rheon has joined the cast of The Magic Flute, a modern re-telling of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s popular opera.
- Alistair Petrie and Richard Armitage have been cast in Now & Then, based on William Corlett's award-winning novel, due to start production in the autumn.
- Amit Shah and Sura Dohnke are shooting new dark comic Klokkenluider(translating from Dutch to English as Whistleblower).
- Tony Goldwyn has started filming Nat Geo’s Hot Zone: Anthrax.
- Jim Broadbent has three films due for release this year, A Boy Called Christmas, Six Minutes to Midnight and The Duke.
- A new series of comic 2000 AD audiobook adaptations featuring Paterson Joseph and Richard Armitage has been announced.
- Amelia Donkor has joined the board at Scarborough's Stephen Joseph Theatre.
- Congratulations to Daniel Ward who has won two awards at Off West End Awards for his play The Canary and The Crow.
- Congratulations to Sam Crane who was nominated for his lead role in play The Rage of Narcissus at the Off West End Awards.
Published 09 March 2021