Alumni News - December edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Stephen Hagan recently appeared in ITV drama The Larkins. Catch up on ITV Hub now before the Christmas special airs later this year.
- Janine Harouni features in Soho Theatre Live season 2, now available on Amazon Prime Video.
- In November, Jeremy Irvine and Eliot Salt featured in Dalgliesh on Channel 5.
- 2021 graduate Evangeline Beaven appeared in The Freshwater Five, which played at Quay Arts in late November. The production moved to Ventnor Exchange on the Isle of Wight on 1 and 2 December.
- Catch Edward Crook in new short film Finger Prick, available on BBC iPlayer.
- Watch Donald Sutherland in the new trailer for Moonfall, set to be released in February 2022.
- The final season of Hanna, starring Gianna Kiehl, is now available on Amazon Prime Video.
- Watch the new trailer for The Responder. The six-part series, featuring MyAnna Buring, is coming soon to BBC iPlayer.
- Short film The Heptameron, starring Charlie Merriman, is available to watch now on YouTube.
- The Power of the Dog, starring Benedict Cumberbatch, is streaming on Netflix from 1 December.
- Benedict Cumberbatch can also be seen reprising his Marvel role this month in Spider-Man: No Way Home, set to be released in UK cinemas on 15 December.
- Tabitha Piggott was the third Assistant Director on the second unit of Alex Rider season 2, airing on Amazon Prime from 3 December. Toby Stephens has also joined the cast for the second season.
- Watch the latest trailer for Boiling Point, starring Jason Flemyng, before it arrives in UK cinemas on 5 December.
- Spring Awakening, starring Carly-Sophia Davies and Stuart Thompson, is playing at the Almeida Theatre from 7 December – 22 January.
- Iwan Rheon is starring in Christmas Number One, released on Sky Cinema on 10 December. Iwan also contributed the song A Christmas Wish to the soundtrack, which you can listen to here.
- Rory Kinnear is starring in Force Majeure at Donmar Warehouse, running from 10 December 2021 – 5 February 2022.
- David Oyelowo stars in The Girl Before, streaming on BBC iPlayer from 19 December.
- The second season of The Witcher, featuring MyAnna Buring, is set to arrive on Netflix on 17 December.
- Richard Armitage stars in Stay Close, coming to Netflix on 31 December.
Things to look forward to
- Gusta Matthews has been announced as the Stage Manager of Fable Workshop’s upcoming production, Dosage.
- Tingying Dong will be the Sound Designer for ENG-ER-LAND, touring from 8 February 2022.
- Scratches, written by and starring Aoife Kennan, is playing at the VAULT Festival next March.
- Alice Orr-Ewing will feature in the National Theatre’s The Corn is Green, playing from 7 April 2022.
- Polly Findlay will be directing Middle at the National Theatre from 27 April to 18 June 2022, with Lucy Jane Atkinson assisting.
- Stephanie Street will be starring in Our Generation at Chichester Festival Theatre next April.
- Emily Beecham has been cast in the sci-fi thriller Slingshot.
- Next year, Anthony Lau is directing Anna Karenina and co-directing Rock / Paper / Scissors at the Crucible Theatre, marking the theatre’s 50th Anniversary.
- George Rexstrew has been cast in HBO Max’s Dead Boy Detectives, which will mark his onscreen debut.
- David Oyelowo and Harriet Walter are part of the cast for Apple TV+’s Wool.
- Succession, starring Brian Cox, has been renewed for a fourth season by HBO.
- Filming has recently begun on BBC series Crossfire, featuring Lee Ingleby.
- Iwan Rheon is part of the cast for psychological thriller series The Light in the Hall, set to air in 2022.
- Ruth Wilson is returning to the West End next spring in The Human Voice, playing at the Harold Pinter Theatre.
- Anna Maxwell Martin has joined the cast of A Spy Among Friends, which will be released on BritBox in late 2022.
- We recently spoke to 2019 Production & Technical Arts graduate Tingying Dong about Life After LAMDA. Watch the full interview here.
- Congratulations to Amir El-Masry, who won Best Actor – Film for his role in Limbo at the BAFTAs Scotland.
- At the 2021 British Independent Film Awards (BIFA), Ruth Wilson was nominated for Best Actress for her role in True Things. Boiling Point, which features Jason Flemyng, was nominated for Best British Independent Film. Play It Safe, starring Jonathan Ajayi, received a nomination for Best British Short Film, and First Cow, which starred Orion Lee, was nominated for Best International Independent Film.
- Nathan Crossan-Smith was recently named the runner-up of the RTST Sir Peter Hall Director Award.
Published 08 December 2021