Alumni News - August edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Catch Claire Skinner in the third series of McDonald & Dodds, now available on ITV Hub.
- In July, Sorry We Didn’t Die At Sea, which featured Yasmine Haller and Will Bishop, played at Seven Dials Playhouse.
- The Newsreader, starring Sam Reid, is available to catch up on BBC iPlayer.
- Pauline, written by and starring Sophie Bentinck, showed at King’s Head Theatre on 25 and 26 July, directed by Fred Wienand, with sound design provided by Anna Short.
- Jack Farthing and Laura Trosser are appearing in Closer, which runs at the Lyric Hammersmith until 13 August.
- Until 28 August, Eric Stroud is starring in 101 Dalmatians: The Musical at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre.
- Yolanda Ovide is starring in The Jungle Book during its run at Royal Botanic Gardens until 21 August, followed by a run at Wakehurst in West Sussex until 30 August.
- All Of Us is running at the National Theatre until 24 September, starring Bryan Dick and Rebecca Todd, and featuring Tabitha Piggott as Production Manager.
- From 3 – 23 August, Mischief Comedy are presenting three shows at Edinburgh Fringe. Charlie Russell Aims to Please is playing at Pleasance Below, Mischief Movie Night is at Pentland Theatre, and Mind Mangler: Member of the Tragic Circle runs at Pleasance Beyond.
- Charlotte Anne-Tilley’s Almost Adult opens at Edinburgh Fringe this August, playing from 3 – 28 August at Gilded Balloon.
- Samuel Barnett is starring in Feeling Afraid As If Something Terrible Is Going To Happen, playing at Edinburgh Fringe from 3 – 28 August.
- Elinor Peregrin is featuring in the Edinburgh Fringe run of My Lover was a Salmon in the Climate Apocalypse, from 3 – 29 August at the Pleasance Courtyard.
- Letty Butler is starring in Spoons at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe, playing at Gilded Balloon Patter Hoose from 4 August.
- Elliott Chase stars in The Hippie Shakes, playing at Greenside at Edinburgh Fringe from 5 August.
- From 10 August - 23 September, Amelia Donkor is appearing in Under Another Sky, showing at Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
- Until 20 August, Sasha Wilson is starring in the tour of The Mechanicals Present… Macbeth and Julius Caesar.
- Hugh Skinner can be seen in The Invitation, which is set to be released on 22 August in the US.
- Fabien Frankel will star in Game of Thrones prequel series House of the Dragon, airing in the UK from 22 August on Sky Atlantic.
- Mrs Green, starring 2021 graduates Julia Messina and Victor Ciri, is playing in Camden on 24-25 August.
- Robert Emms stars in Star Wars spin-off series Andor, which is set to be released on Disney+ from 31 August.
Things to look forward to
- Antigone is running at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre from 3 – 24 September, starring Tony Jayawardena and Shazia Nicholls.
- Danny Lee Wynter’s debut play Black Superhero opens at the Royal Court in March 2023.
- Ami Tredrea is set to appear in the National Theatre’s production of The Crucible, which opens this September and features Tingying Dong as Sound Designer (Content Design).
- Emmanuel Olusanya has been cast in Flashbang, showing at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre in Kentish Town from 6 – 17 September.
- Patrick Warner, Jeremy Lloyd and Ellie Morris will be appearing in Spike The Play on its UK tour, which begins this September.
- Nathan Crossan-Smith is co-creating and directing the files for Who Cares 2032, which will be available online this autumn. Find out more.
- Watch the trailer for See How They Run, starring Ruth Wilson and David Oyelowo, before its release this September.
- David Oyelowo is set to appear in upcoming Apple TV+ series Government Cheese.
- Ahmed Elhaj has joined the cast of drama series Black Cake.
- Joseph Prowen will be part of the cast for the RSC’s A Christmas Carol, which runs from 26 October 2022 – 1 January 2023.
- Congratulations to Brian Cox who has been nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series at the 2022 Emmy Awards for his role in Succession.
- Congratulations to Harriet Walter who earned two nominations at the 2022 Emmy Awards: for Guest Actress in a Drama Series (for Succession) and Guest Actress in a Comedy Series (for Ted Lasso).
- Ami Tredrea has been announced as the recipient of New Earth Theatre’s 2022 Constellation Creatives Drama Student Bursary.
- Congratulations to Angela Jones who has been awarded the Best Actor for Stage Award at the 2022 Spotlight Prize.
- 2021 graduate Niyi Akin spoke to TresA magazine about Rebel Cheer Squad: A Get Even Series (available on BBC iPlayer and on Netflix internationally), music and training during the pandemic. Read more here.
- Abubakar Salim recently spoke to 1883 Magazine about Raised By Wolves, acting and technology. Read the interview here.
- David Abeles, who plays Ron Weasley in the Broadway production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, was recently interviewed by Forbes.
Published 01 August 2022