Alumni News - April edition
- The National Theatre will stream Jane Eyre on Thursday 9 April on their YouTube channel, directed by Sally Cookson and starring Madeleine Worrall.
- Treasure Island directed by Polly Findlay will also be streamed on the National Theatre’s YouTube channel on 16 April, starring Daniel Coonan, Helena Lymbery, Tim Samuels and Roger Wilson.
- Shazia Nicholls stars in the 2014 production of Girls Like That available to stream on the Unicorn Theatre’s website.
- LAMDA Exams alum Amy Molloy is in Cyprus Avenue, available to watch on the Royal Court website.
- Ben Deary stars in First Encounters: King Lear which can be accessed on the RSC website.
- The recent Almeida Theatre production of Albion will be on BBC iPlayer as part of ‘Culture in Quarantine’, with movement direction from Rebecca Frecknall (2010) and cast members Victoria Hamilton and Donal Finn (2018).
- The 2018 RSC production of Macbeth will be broadcast on the BBC. Directed by Polly Findlay and with lighting design by Lizzie Powell, it starred Michael Hodgson and Tim Samuels.
- The 2016 RSC production of Hamlet starring Natalie Simpson will be available on BBC iPlayer.
- Brian Cox will be taking part in the National Theatre of Scotland’s Scenes For Survival project.
New releases - screen and audio
- Love Wedding Repeat will be released on Netflix on 10 April with Sam Claflin.
- Harriet Walter will star in the first episode of Killing Eve season three which will air on BBC One on 19 April.
- New television series Penny Dreadful: City of Angels with Rory Kinnear will premiere on Showtime on 26 April.
Make sure you don’t miss...
- New ITV series Belgravia starring Dame Harriet Walter, with new episodes airing every Sunday until 19 April.
- Noughts and Crosses with Jonathan Ajayi (2018) and Paterson Joseph on BBC iPlayer.
- Ell Potter’s (2019) BBC Radio 4 drama In At The Deep End, available on the BBC’s website.
- Nikki Amuka-Bird stars in Avenue 5, streaming on NOW TV.
- The Stranger with Richard Armitage and Anthony Head can be streamed on Netflix.
- James Harkness (2013), Alec Newman and Niamh Walsh (2012) star in new Netflix series The English Game.
- Leighton Pugh narrates the audiobook This is Not Propaganda, available on Audible.
- Lara Rossi stars in ITV drama Flesh and Blood.
- Claire Skinner stars in The Pale Horse, on BBC iPlayer.
- The Trial of Christine Keeler with Anthony Welsh can be streamed on BBC iPlayer.
- The Goes Wrong Show written by Mischief Theatre can also be streamed on BBC iPlayer, and stars: Henry Shields (2012), Bryony Corrigan (2014), Jonathan Sayer (2011), Henry Lewis (2011), Charlie Russell (2012), Greg Tannahill (2011), Dave Hearn, Chris Leask (2012) and Ellie Morris (2015).
- Lucy Pearman is starring in Mister Winner which is currently airing on BBC2 and can be streamed on BBC iPlayer.
- Angus Imrie (2017) has been cast as Prince Edward in the upcoming series of The Crown.
Published 1 April 2020